Have you ever wondered why your skin always look dull, even if you religiously follow your skincare routine? Or even notice that you still get those pesky acne breakouts? Listen closely, your levels of Vitamin B for the skin must be insufficient.
Vitamin B is the vitamin that’s mostly skipped out since we tend to focus on the ones that can brighten our skin and smoothen it out which is Vitamin C.
So now, here you are, looking for ways to make your skin look young. Trust me, I have been there and I know how you can achieve that.
You start with the very basic and when it comes to skincare, the current condition of your skin is the root of everything. And Vitamin B can help you with that.
What Is Vitamin B Anyway?
Vitamin B is a crucial nutrient that helps your nervous system, organs, metabolism, muscles, hair, and skin to function very well. This vitamin helps your system convert the food that you eat into usable energy. Aside from that, Vitamin B can also help you with the development of your cell as well as your cell growth. Which is why if there’s a vitamin that you shouldn’t be ignored, its the Vitamin B.
Vitamin B plays a huge role in renewing your skin cells to keep your skin fresh and younger-looking. The skin cells that you lose per minute is around 30 000 – 40 000, which means your body needs to renew it each minute. This is where your Vitamin B comes to the picture. As our skin cells die, your body will have to replenish the lost skin cells and to replenish it, you’re going to use Vitamin B.
What Happens If You Lack Vitamin B?
Vitamin B is a crucial element in replacing your skin cells, and if you’re Vitamin B-deficient, your skin will suffer. This means you’re going to have dry and flaky skin, cracked lips, develop fine lines and wrinkles. You may even have rashes and acne breakouts.
Lacking Vitamin B may also result in a more sensitive skin, which means you’ll experience irritation and redness on some skincare products.
Meet the Vitamin B Family
- Also known as the Anti-Stress Vitamin
- First from the Vitamin B Family to be discovered
- Prevents your skin from having stress-related breakouts
- Manages your nervous system
- Boosts your immune system
- Converts glucose into energy
- Helps heal your wounds
- One of the components for your nerve functions
- Prevents your skin from drying up that leads to increased oil production
- Maintains collagen in your skin
- Regenerates your cells
- Reduces inflammation
- Boosts your wound-healing process
- Also known as a powerhouse for skin-conditioning
- Treats various skin irritation and conditions (acne, eczema, hyperpigmentation, etc.)
- Prevents skin aging such as wrinkles and fine lines
Pantothenic Acid, B5
- Locks in skin moisture
- Boosts your skin elasticity
- Prevents skin aging
- Prevents acne breakout
- Also known for its stress-busting ability
- Improves your mood, sleep quality, and reduces stress which lowers your skin regeneration
- Prevents skin aging
- Boosts metabolism of your fatty acids
- Locks in the water in your skin for hydration
- Prevents dry hair, flaky skin, and brittle nails
- Protects you from skin inflammation and acne breakouts
Folic Acid, B9
- Protects your skin and fights free radicals
- Boosts your skin regeneration
- Fights signs of skin aging
- Boosts your skin regeneration
- Moisturizes your skin
- Prevents acne and skin dryness
Rounding It Up, Vitamin B can…
Help boost your skin cell regeneration, it can also be extremely hydrating for you skin. Plus, it can also prevent acne breakouts and skin dryness. Aside from that, its also excellent to keep the signs of skin aging away.
Korean Skincare Products With Vitamin B
A gel-type balm that’s rich in Vitamin B. It has a deeply relaxing and soothing formula that can keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. This balm contains Vitamin B5, which prevents your skin from having an acne breakout. It can also boost your skin’s elasticity and has the ability to lock in your skin’s moisture.
This eye cream from Benton is also rich in Vitamin B5 to help you heal your eye bags. It also contains aloe vera and hyaluronic acid to keep your the area around your eye well hydrated. The great thing about this eye cream is that its result can last for a long time.
This serum spray is rich with Vitamin B3 which can greatly help you brighten your skin and protect it from any harmful elements. It also contains seaweed extract as well as hyaluronic acid, which can lock in moisture on your skin. Keeping it well-moisturized and healthy. You can both use this spray during the day, however you can also use it for your nightly skincare routine.
We tend to ignore Vitamin B content on the skincare products that we buy. We focus more on Vitamin C and skip out on the basic (but most important) part of our skincare. If we lack Vitamin B, we tend to get acne breakouts. Our skin cell regeneration also lowers down, which leads to dry and oily skin. We might even develop an unexpected allergic reaction.
If you’re not yet incorporating this Vitamin in your daily skincare routine, I highly suggest that you start now. Try to start out with the recommended Korean skincare products. There are plenty of other skincare products out there, however, if you’re just starting out, you can definitely start with these three.